Cut carbs not deliciousness. Our Low Carb Bread recipe lets you enjoy amazing taste that meets your dietary demands.
1 tbsp olive oil
200 g baby spinach
½ tsp fresh oregano
3 tbsp pesto
1 cup almond flour or ground almonds
60 ml psyllium husk
½ cup mixed seeds, (pumpkin, flax seeds, sunflower and sesame), whole
½ cup mixed seeds, ground in a processor until fine
10 ml baking powder
5 ml salt
¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
¾ cup Greek yoghurt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp mixed seeds, for finishing
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Prepare two 14 cm loaf tins or one 28 cm loaf tin with baking paper. Heat the olive oil in a pan and wilt the baby spinach for just a few seconds.
- Remove from heat and strain into a sieve or colander. Leave to cool before squeezing out the excess water.
- Finely chop the spinach and add salt, pepper, oregano and Pesto Princess Greek Pesto and mix to combine.
- Combine the almond flour, psyllium husk, whole and ground seeds, baking powder, salt and feta in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and yoghurt to the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Finally, add the spinach mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Spoon the mix into the prepared tins, top with a handful of seeds and bake for 55-60 minutes until golden and cooked through.