Fresh herbs can be difficult to take care of because of their delicate nature, and sooner than we realise, they wilt and we have to throw them away. Herbs have their most robust flavour when they are fresh. As they age, they lose their taste and texture. Preserve their flavour for a long time by making this herb butter.
Pack these little cubes of huge flavour into any dish, and minimise your food waste at the same time.
MAKES 12-16 CUBES
- Fresh herbs
- 200g butter
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Melt the butter on low heat.
- Add the minced garlic and stir.
- Prepare your herbs and place in food processor.
- Chop herbs finely.
- Add the herbs to the melted butter and garlic.
- Take the mixture off the heat and pour into ice cube trays.
- The herb butter will stay fresh for around 7 days in a fridge, and will last for 3-6 months if stored in a freezer.
- Garnish and serve.