- 250gr leftover Panettone
- 7gr corn starch
- 7 whole eggs, divided
- 150gr granulated sugar
- 50gr white chocolate
- 25gr unsalted butter
- Vanilla salt
- Toasted hazelnut, chopped
- Dry out the panettone.
- Heat the oven to 100°. Tear the panettone into bite-size pieces,
and spread them out in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake the panettone until
is dried and brittle, about one hour. Remove it from the oven, and let cool completely.;
increase the oven temperature to 180°. Transfer the dried panettone to a blender, and
process until finely ground. Stir the corn starch into the breadcrumbs.
- Whip the egg yolks.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk, add the egg yolks
and begin mixing on low speed. Slowly pour in 75 gr of sugar, then increase the speed to
medium-high and whip until the yolk mixture triples in volume.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Meanwhile, combine the white chocolate and butter in a small
saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until melted. When the yolk
mixture is ready, reduce the mixer speed to low, and slowly pour in the white chocolate
mixture until smooth. Using a spatula, transfer the yolk mixture to a large bowl, and stir
in the panettone breadcrumbs.
- Whip the egg whites into soft peaks.
- In a bowl add the egg whites and a pinch of salt,
and begin mixing on medium speed. While the mixer is running, slowly pour in the
remaining 75 gr of sugar, and continue whipping until the whites form soft peaks.
- Combine the whites with the yolk mixture.
- Add 1/3 of the whipped egg whites to the
yolk-breadcrumb mixture, and stir vigorously to combine. Add the remaining whites and
fold gently until completely smooth and the color is homogeneous.
- Divide the mixture into ramekins and bake.
- Divide the soufflé mixture among the
ramekins, then immediately bake until puffed and risen, 9-10 min.
- While hot, transfer the ramekins to serving plates, and sprinkle each with a pinch
of vanilla salt. Arrange some strands of candied orange peel over the top, and then
sprinkle with a pinch of chopped hazelnuts to serve.