- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- oil, to fry
- 1 cup honey
- zest and juice of one large clementine
- Whisk together the honey and the clementine juice in a pot on medium heat. Stir until the mix comes to a boil and the mixture is homogeneous.
- Once boiled, remove from the heat, add the clementine zest and stir. Set the syrup aside to cool.
- Add the flour, cornmeal and baking soda to a large bowl and whisk.
- Microwave and melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Add the honey to the butter and set aside to cool.
- Whisk the eggs and buttermilk. Add the mixture to the flour and stir. Mix with the honey-butter and beat well.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Lightly brush with oil. Add the pancake batter to the pan and cook until you see small bubbles. Once the edges are crisp, flip and cook until pancakes are light brown.
- Serve hot with syrup.