- 500g Brussels sprouts, shredded in a food processor or thinly sliced by hand
- 300g fresh Mushrooms, preferably a mix, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly grounded black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 150g gruyere, coarsely grated
- 100g cheddar, grated
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ¼ cup carrot, grated
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Chop the mushrooms and shallot. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add the cheeses.
- Melt the butter in a 12-inch oven-proof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and rosemary, and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts, mushrooms and carrots, toast the sprouts and mushrooms and carrots with the oil, ¾ tablespoons salt, and ¼ tablespoons pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture. Then transfer to the oven, bake until the eggs are set, about 12 minutes.
- Let rest briefly, slide out of the skillet, slice into wedges, and serve.