- 225g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon (or 2 tsp pumpkin spice)
- 100g caster sugar
- 50g soft light brown sugar
- 200g pumpkin purée (from a can or homemade – see 'goes well with' below)
- 2 large eggs
- 125g slightly salted butter, melted
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas Line a 12-hole muffin pan with muffin cases. Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and both sugars together in a large bowl. Break up any lumps of brown sugar by rubbing them between your fingers.
- Whisk the purée and eggs together in a jug, then add to the dry ingredients along with the melted butter. Whisk for 1-2 mins with a hand mixer until just combined.
- Bake for 15 mins until golden, risen and the skewer inserted comes out clean. Lift onto a wire rack to cool completely. Keep it for three days in an airtight container.