Soft tomatoes aren’t particulary useful when using them in salads, sandwiches or burgers.
Just because your tomaotes have gone soft, you don’t have to throw them away! You can put them to good use with this simple no-cook tomato sauce recipe. Perfect for pasta, or even just as a dip.
Serve with pasta and garnish with grate parmesan cheese.
- 700g soft tomatoes, chopped
- 10g fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare your ingredients.
- Chop tomatoes and add to blender.
- Add the basil, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil and mix through.
- Blend thoroughly and allow to sit for 30 minutes to an hour, until the juices are released from the tomatoes.
- To store, put the sauce in an airtight container in the fridge and serve when needed.