- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups leftover cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the chicken, carrots, celery, onion, and garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat until shimmering, then add the carrots, celery, and onion.
- Saute for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the garlic and continue to cook over medium heat for another two minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, water, chicken, and spices to the pot. Stir, increase heat, and bring pot to a boil.
- Skim, if necessary (if using chicken breast, you may not have to). Stir, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the bay leaf, and serve. Enjoy.