1 H. 0 MIN.
- 250g Leftover pumpkin
- 240g cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 graham crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Whipped cream for serving optional
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- In the meantime, rinse the pumpkin under cool water to rid the skin of any residual dirt and dry well with a clean towel. Use the pumpkin skin by frying. You can find the inspirational recipe by searching on our website.
- Cut the pumpkin into smaller pieces and peel. Save the seeds for toasting.
- Place the pumpkin pieces in a steamer or metal colander and over the boiling water. Cover and let steam for about 50 minutes or until the flesh is tender when pierced with a knife.
- Puree the pumpkin in a food processor.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- For the crust, mix butter, sugar and graham crumbs until well combined. Place in a 24 cm pie pan and press along the sides and bottom.
- Place all ingredients and 1 cup homemade pumpkin puree in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into the crust until about 1/4″ from the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cool 4 hours in the fridge before serving.
- Top with whipped cream and a pinch of nutmeg before serving if desired. Enjoy.