- 1 large aubergine
- ½ a lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 cloves of garlic, 1 crushed, 2 chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, plus a little for drizzling
- 4 tsp omega seed mix (see tip)
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into quarters
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced
- 2 courgettes, sliced on the angle
- 2 large tomatoes, each cut into 3 thick slices
- 8 Kalamata olives , halved
- Grill the aubergine, turning frequently, until soft all over and the skin is blistered about 8-10 mins. Alternatively, if you have a gas hob, cook it directly over the flame. When it is cool enough to handle, remove the skin, finely chop the flesh and mix with the lemon juice, 1 chopped clove garlic, 1 tbsp parsley, 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, and the seeds. Mix the remaining parsley with the remaining chopped garlic and the lemon zest.
- Meanwhile, mix the thyme, crushed garlic, and rapeseed oil and toss with the vegetables, keeping the onions as slices rather than breaking up into rings. Heat a large griddle pan and char the vegetables until tender and marked with lines – the tomatoes will need the least time. Pile onto plates with the aubergine purée and olives, drizzle over a little extra olive oil and scatter with the parsley, lemon zest, and garlic.