Broccoli Stem Soup
You either hate or love broccoli, but if you use it, you should use all of it! It’s often bought by weight, so why throw away your money by binning the stems? Try out this creamy broccoli stem soup, and make the most out of your broccoli.
This broccoli soup can be the perfect winter warmer or summer cooler, and it’s a great way to turn your vegetable waste into a delicious dish!
- 1 onion, cubed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Broccoli stems from 4 broccoli florets, chopped
- ½ cup single cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chilli flakes to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Cut broccoli stems and add to blender.
- Blend broccoli until finely chopped.
- Heat some vegetable oil on medium heat and cook onions until they turn brown.
- Add chopped broccoli.
- Cover with vegetable stock. Add water if necessary to cover the broccoli.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes. Cool, and then blend.
- Add seasoning.
- Add the single cream.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Blend the mix it together.
- Serve hot or cold, and top with crunchy croutons or nuts.