Wasting too many vegetables?
You might think that aging or leftover vegetables are of little use in making a good dish.
The recipe 'Pickled Vegetables' by Igles Corelli from Ristorante Atman, Lamporecchio is part of the 'Garden in multiple textures' recipe.
- 100g broccoli tips
- 400g finely sliced cucumbers, carrot and red radish
- 100g diced celery
- 100g chopped grean beans
- 400ml water
- 300g apple vinegar
- 200g brown sugar
- 50g salt
- Heat some water in a pot.
- Melt in the salt and brown sugar.
- Add vinegar.
- Cook one vegetable at the time for a few minutes, keeping them crunchy in texture.
- Add diced celery.
- Add finely sliced carrots.
- To store, fill a glass jar with the vegetables and fill it with the water it has been cooked in.
- Seal with an airtight container and store in a cool and dark place for up to 1 year.