An everyday essential; bread is a staple in every household, but sadly also in every bin.
Stale bread can prove to be useful for so many of your dishes. By turning them into these easy, flavour filled breadcrumbs, you can really take your bread that extra mile.
Sprinkle these delicious breadcrumbs on anything from your favourite macaroni cheese to your soups. Customise them as you wish, by adding lemon zest, seasoning and herbs, and keep your stale bread out of the bin!
MAKES 250 G OF BREADCRUMBS
- 4 slices of stale bread, toasted
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Break slices of toasted bread into a food processor.
- Whiz your toasted bread until it has the texture of small crumbs.
- Mix in the olive oil, parmesan and garlic powder.
- Mix well.
- Spread onto a baking tray and bake at 180°C.
- Remove and allow to fully cool, and store in an airtight container.
- Sprinkle these delicious breadcrumbs on your favourite dishes.