2 H. 0 MIN.
- 10 lbs apples very ripe (any variety)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar (optional), or add to taste
- Peel, core, and slice all of the apples.
- Into a large stockpot, add 1 1/2 cups water and 2 Tbsp sugar. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil to dissolve sugar. Add all of the sliced apples, reduce heat to low, then cover with a lid and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Mash apples to desired consistency, using either a potato masher, an immersion blender, or an electric hand mixer.