- 2 medium-sized celeriac
- 1 carrot
- 2 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 4 potatoes
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 10 sprigs of basil
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 250ml olive oil
- 2 dried hot peppers
- 1.5 l water
- Salt and black pepper
- Peel the celeriac and it into large pieces along with the stalks.
- Wash the carrots, red pepper, green pepper, onion, potatoes and garlic and chop into large pieces.
- Mince the parsley and basil together with the stems.
- Peel and dice the tomatoes. Add the chopped tomatoes to the other vegetables.
- Season the vegetable mix with 100 ml olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake the vegetables in a wood oven at a medium heat for about 10 minutes until they are soft and develop some colour. Check the vegetables occasionally stir and turn the sheet as necessary.
- Put the remaining oil in a soup pot and heat. Add the baked vegetables and dried hot pepper and stir for 2 minutes. Add the water and cook for 30-35 minutes until the vegetables are well done.
- Blend the cooked vegetables in a blender. Add water as necessary.