It’s easy enough to make things out of pumpkin flesh, and everybody loves a Jack-O-Lantern on Halloween. The seeds make a tasty bite too, once roasted. But what do you do with the skins? These simple to make pumpkin fries are the tasty and healthy way to use every part of the pumpkin.
These fries are a tasty addition to salsa, hummus and tzatziki, and you can season them as you wish.
- Skin of a pumpkin sliced into chip-sized pieces
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Coarsley ground black pepper
- Slice pumpkin into chip-sized pieces.
- Wash and dry your pumpkin skins thoroughly, place in a bowl, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Mix well.
- Spread across a baking tray so no pumpkin skins are covering each other.
- Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes until fully cooked. If you’re making thinner chips, or want to make them into pumpkin crisps instead, bake them at 200°C.
- Serve warm and enjoy.