- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened, for brushing
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 32 gr whole milk
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 170 gr cranberry sauce, coarsely chopped if chunky
- 8 20mm-thick slices white bread, such as Pullman
- 300 gr thinly sliced roast turkey
- 28.5 ml extra-sharp cheddar, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat, brush with butter. In a 20x20 x5 cm baking dish, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread cranberry sauce on 4 slices of bread. Top with turkey; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle cheese evenly over turkey. Top with remaining bread slices. Carefully transfer the sandwiches to an egg mixture and soak, pressing lightly with a spatula, 1 minute each side.
- Transfer to baking sheet, bake for 15 minutes. Flip and bake for 7 minutes more. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.