Root vegetables such as carrots can lay at the bottom of the fridge drawer, and then eventually at the bottom of the bin.
Fruit and vegetables are the most heavily wasted food group. With so many health benefits, you can get so much more out of them than you may think. Store them properly and keep them fresh by keeping them loose and alternating the contents of your vegetable drawer. With these healthy carrot crisps, you can make a tasty snack out of your carrot leftovers.
- 4 Carrots, washed, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat your Grundig oven to 180°C. Cut off the stem of the carrots.
- Wash and peel the carrots.
- Cut into thin slices.
- Grease two baking trays.
- Spread the sliced carrots on two baking trays. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Season the carrots with salt.
- Put one tray in the bottom rack and the other at the top. Bake for 6 minutes, then swap the trays. Repeat until fully cooked, switching the trays every 6 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of dip and enjoy.