You're out of pickles but in a desperately need some. This is a recipe you can use.
2 H. 0 MIN.
FOR 1 JAR
- 200ml organic apple cider vinegar
- 100ml organic fig vinegar
- 150ml water
- 100g sugar
- 20g rock salt
- 500g carrots
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar and salt in a pot and bring to the boil.
- After the sugar and salt dissolves, transfer the mixture to a bowl and let it cool.
- Clean the carrots and cut into very thin julienne strips using a mandoline slicer.
- Put the carrots in a glass jar. Add coriander seeds and crumble the bay leaves over the top.
- Fill the jar with the water-vinegar mix you made earlier. Make sure that it covers everything.
- Cap the jars and leave them for 2 hours.