Bananas too ripe to eat? Bananas: either too green to eat or too ripe in the blink of an eye.
Rather than binning them, make them into this easy, fresh orange and banana smoothie that is perfect as a healthy snack or an on-the-go breakfast drink.
This smoothie is nutritious and refreshing, and an all-year-round healthy boost. Add different fruits and juices, and stop your food from ending up as waste.
- 2 oranges
- 1 large ripe banana, frozen
- 1tbsp honey
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- Ice cubes
- Juice the oranges and put it in the fridge to chill.
- Peel and slice the frozen banana into a blender.
- Pour the chilled orange juice into the blender.
- Add the yogurt.
- Drizzle the honey into the blender.
- Top off the mixture with the ice cubes.
- Blend the mixture thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a serving jug.
- Serve fresh and cold.