- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth, you can also use water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan; place them on a plate, and cover to keep warm.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and turn the heat to high. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and add them to the pan in a single layer - you may need to do this step in batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the broccoli mixture back to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until the vegetables are well warmed.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oyster sauce, chicken broth, sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, and cornstarch.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken.
- You can serve it as is or with rice. It is best enjoyed when served right away.