- 2 tablespoons fried shallot oil(see Tips) or canola oil
- ¼ cup thinly sliced pickled ginger
- 1 tablespoon pickling liquid
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce(see Tips)
- 6 cups sliced romaine or Little Gem lettuce
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- ¼ jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons fried garlic(see Tips)
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 ½ tablespoon toasted chickpea flour(see Tips)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Whisk oil, pickling liquid, lime juice, and fish sauce in a large bowl.
- Add pickled ginger, lettuce, cabbage, jalapeño, garlic, peanuts, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds; mix to combine.
- Transfer to a serving platter or bowl and sprinkle with cilantro, chickpea flour, and crushed red pepper.