- Olive Oil
- One onion, diced
- One lb left over carrots
- One potato, peeled and cubed
- Chicked or vegetable stock
- Halve the carrots lengthwise. Toss them with olive oil and roast until golden and caramelized.
- Warm a medium pot with olive oil. Sauté the onion for 5 minutes until lightly golden.
- Chop the roasted carrots roughly.
- Add the carrots and the potato to the pot. Cover the vegetables with stock. Simmer and cook for 10 minutes until the carrots are tender enough to puree.
- Puree the soup using a blender (in several batches if necessary). Transfer the puree back to the pot. Add seasoning to adjust taste.