1 H. 30 MIN.
- 4 apples, sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour, all-purpose
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp butter, small pieces
- Double pie crust
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp water
- Place the sliced apples in a medium mixing bowl. Toss gently with the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt to thoroughly mix.
- In the bottom of a deep 9-inch pie plate, roll out and lay the uncooked pie crust. Fill the uncooked pie shell with the apple mixture.
- Top with second pie crust, crimp the sides, and then cut a few slits on the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- In a small cup, whisk together the egg white and 1 tbsp of water, then brush the surface with water.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 230°C, then reduce to 180°C and bake for another 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- If the edge of the crust begins to brown faster than the middle, cover it with foil for the last 15-20 minutes of baking to avoid overbrowning.
- Let the pie to cool for 10 minutes before serving. It's possible to prepare it ahead and eat it at room temperature. Enjoy.