Swiss chard purée
Wasting too many vegetables?
You might think that aging or leftover vegetables are of little use in making a good dish.
The recipe 'Swiss Chard Purée' by Igles Corelli from Ristorante Atman, Lamporecchio is part of the 'Garden in multiple textures' recipe. With a range of flavours and feels, this three part dish is the perfect way to make the most of your vegetables, whether they’re aged or not.
- 500g fresh chards
- 50g celery, carrot, onion mirepoix
- Fresh ginger
- Lemon juice
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat some olive oil and brown the celery, carrot and onion.
- Add chopped chards and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 5-6 ice cubes and cook until boiling.
- Boil for 5 minutes, and then blend.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Season with grated fresh ginger, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve with our vegetable balls.