Wasting too many vegetables?
You might think that aging or leftover vegetables are of little use in making a good dish.
This Vegetable Balls recipe by Igles Corelli from Ristorante Atman, Lamporecchio is part of the 'Garden in multiple textures' recipe.
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 200g vegetables, chopped: green beans, zucchini, chioggia beets, spinach
- 50g grated parmesan
- 100g breadcrumbs
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Boil whole, unpeeled potatoes in salted water (ratio: 375g salt per litre). Peel and mash potatoes.
- Heat up some olive oil and cook chopped vegetables.
- Put the vegetables into a bowl and add potatoes, eggs, cheese, chopped herbs, salt and pepper.
- Mix through.
- Shape the mixture into small balls.
- Roll them in breadcrumbs.
- Fry the balls in oil and dry on paper towels. Season with salt.
- Enjoy with salad or other vegetables.